Robert Trostle from Pittsburgh filed a lawsuit, which claims that in a ride at the Raging Rapids located in Kennywood he contracted with an eye-eating parasite.
The lawsuit has been filed by Trostle and Krystsina, his wife in the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas in Pennsylvania. The man has claimed that he was splashed in his left eye with dirty water containing a parasite called as microsporidia, which eats away the cornea of the eye. Even, doctors have not been capable of killing off the parasite completely, as reported in the lawsuit.
Lawsuit says that, “Robert had to undergo an extremely painful surgery where the parasite was scraped out of the eye with a surgical scalpel, and he was required to remain in a dark room for the next two days. The microsporidia parasite penetrated the second level of Robert’s eye and the entirety of the parasite was unable to be removed via surgery.”
The speck of splash has led the parasite to be embedded in to Trostle’s left eye, which is alleging negligence against the Kennywood Entertainment Inc. Trostle’s eye has become inflamed, for which he was treated on 5th July for acute conjunctivitis with the antibiotics. Still, his condition got worsened and finally doctors diagnosed him with the microsporidia keratitis on 14th July.
Ryan Scarpino, a spokesman from the Pennsylvania Department of Health wrote in an email that, “This was reported to the Health Department during the summer. ACHD notified the Pennsylvania Department of Health, the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture and the (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), and assisted them with the investigation. At this time, the investigation is still ongoing, and no further information is available.”